The Valley Color Guard, comprised of the Catholic War Veterans in Sayre, the Sayre Legion and VFW, the Athens Legion, and the Waverly VFW and Legion made 17 stops at local veteran memorials in honor of Veteran's Day. They arrived at Howard Elmer Park in Sayre just before 10:30 a.m. and adorned a memorial statue with a red, white and blue wreath.
The ceremony consisted of a prayer thanking veterans for our country and our rights and freedoms, a three-volley salute, and a playing of "Taps."
- Small earthquake rattles parts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Georgia GOP seeks mail-in ballot changes after Biden's win
- Agent: Anthony Davis inking 5-year deal to return to Lakers
- Giants Barkley has no doubts about return from ACL injury
- Vaccine rollout barrels on with health disparity in backseat
- Pennsylvania Capitol closing to public amid virus surge
- Survivors remember Pearl Harbor at home this year amid virus
- Capstone Logistics Reduces Driver Dwell Time with Direct Bill Program
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!