Dawn and Chris Krug displayed 200 plastic snowflake luminary bags on top of the snowbanks along Edward Street in Athens Borough on Christmas Eve. Last year, during the first Christmas season in their new home, the couple lined one side of the street with paper luminaries. They soon found out that they had sparked an old Edward Street tradition brought on by the couple who lived in their home before them. Although the wind and rain were a bit of a hurdle last week, the bags were displayed. Since the new luminaries the Krugs purchased for this year are plastic, they are reusable and residents may look forward to seeing the blue lights for Christmases to come.
As featured on
- Asian shares follow Wall St lower as traders mull Biden plan
- Biden unveils $1.9T plan to stem COVID-19 and steady economy
- Amid cacophony since Capitol siege, key officer stays silent
- Today in History
- Stars return to inauguration, with J.Lo, Gaga set to perform
- Joanne Rogers, widow of TV's famed Mister Rogers, dies at 92
- Olympic swimmer released but ordered to stay away from DC
- Biden unveiling $1.9T plan to stem virus and steady economy
- Pennsylvania senator under fire after attending Capitol Hill protest
- Republican leaders in the Pennsylvania Senate want Congress to delay affirming Biden’s Electoral College win
- Nicholas Warner
- Susan L. Collister
- Unemployment boost hitting Pennsylvania claimants Jan. 12
- Joseph "John" L. Karpauitz, Jr.
- Edward Dale Parks, 69
- David Mosley, 60
- Marilyn Eileen Winans Quiggle
- Glen C. Bailey Jr., 94
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Following events at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, along with other legislators, including Senator Bob Casey (D-PA), have called for the 25th Amendment to be invoked. Do you think President Trump should be removed from office?
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!