The Athens Area High School inducted 64 juniors into the Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society during a ceremony on Wednesday. Advisor Cheryl Stropko and Principal Corey Mosher also presented 62 senior Rho Kappa members with their honors cords, which they will wear at graduation. Officers of the local Rho Kappa chapter include President Ankitha Pamula, Vice President Matthew Nowacoski, Secretary Jesse Sumner, Treasurer Travis Jayne, Parliamentarian Krysta Manning, and Historian Thomas Toscano.
- Christmas time is here
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day: Syracuse man, Towanda native shares story of survival at Pearl Harbor
- SPCA: Cat dies after being found shot with arrow near store
- Man gets reduced term in slaying of woman, wounding of man
- Saudi student opens fire at Florida Naval base, killing 3
- Elementary school stands against a tide of poverty
- Today in History
- Letter to the Editor, Dec. 7, 2019
The Pennsylvania Senate passed a measure that would raise the state minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $9.50 an hour by 2022 in November. The compromise bill of Gov. Tom Wolf’s plan to jump the state’s minimum wage from the national rate to $12 an hour immediately then progress to $15 an hour, will still have to pass through the House to be ratified, which is not expected.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!