The Towanda Elementary School held a Veterans Day Celebration at the school on Thursday morning. The assembly included performances from the sixth grade band and fifth and sixth grade chorus, patriotic readings from students in grades 3 to 6, speeches from Elementary Principal Dr. Susan Higley, Towanda Borough Mayor Garrett Miller, and keynote speaker E6/Technical Sergeant Darwin Hatch. The Towanda VFW and American Legion Color Guard as well as dozens of veterans were on hand at the celebration of America's soldiers.
- Environmentalists protest Wyalusing LNG facility
- Today in History
- Sharon L. Norton, 69
- Warriors recognize America's finest
- Saint Agnes School to hold annual gala fundraiser
- Police Briefs, Nov. 14, 2019
- Inaction on school funding in Pennsylvania could lead more schools into distress, academic report warns
- Monroe Township home considered total loss, ten people now without a home
- Wyalusing's Edsell cracks Penn State lineup, wins 5-2
- Harold J. ‘Sonny’ Shedden, 83
- Deborah K. “Debbie” (Scott) Eichelberger, 67
- Gene D. Sharer, 85
- Police: Teen dead after fall at World's End State Park
- Barbara Hayes (Scott) Morris, 73
- Family safe, but all possessions lost in Herrick Township fire
- Joan E. (Fields) Jennings
- Paul J. 'Pop' Pringle, 85
- Euleta M. 'Dede' Pierce
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!