Esther Louise Haynes of Horseheads, NY, passed away on Thursday, August 6, 2020 at the age of 96. She was born September 23, 1923, a daughter of the late H. Meyer and Sarah Ripple Howe. She was also predeceased by an infant daughter, sister, Vera Battisti and sister-in-law, Doris Howe. Esther is survived by her daughter, Anita Merrick and Connie Miller; brother, LaVerne Howe and several nieces and nephews, and cousins. She had a passion and love for horses. She raised and boarded horses, taught horse riding and went too many horse events in her life. Relatives and friends are invited to Sullivan’s Funeral Home, 365 E. Franklin St. at Rt. 13, Horseheads, NY on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 from 1-2PM. Her ashes will be buried in East Herrick, PA at the convenience of the family. As all are welcomed, we will be adhering to NYS regulations for social distancing. Funeral Services will be held at 2pm. In Esther’s memory, donations may be made to a charity of one’s choice. Condolences and words of comfort may be expressed at Esther’s Book of Memories at www.sullivansfuneralhome.com
- Deadline for voter registration is Oct. 19
- US judge blocks Postal Service changes that slowed mail
- Photos fuel concerns over in-custody death of La. Black man
- $1M bail cut for some held after protests of police shooting
- Why the ruling against Wolf’s COVID-19 restrictions faces long odds on appeal, explained
- Man gets 5 years for fatally punching fellow dog walker
- AP FACT CHECK: Biden distorts Trump's words on virus 'hoax'
- Pennsylvania court gives Democrats wins in mail-in vote case
Ground Game Podcast
Want the latest in #coronavirus political news? We’ve got you covered with @AP’s new podcast, “Ground Game: Inside the Outbreak.” Download and listen here: AP Podcasts/Ground Game
- Frederick James Isbell, 71
- William George Harley Davidson, 22
- Muriel (Watkins) Shaylor, 87
- Cheryl Eddy Smith, 72
- Beau James Parker, 28
- Wolf’s COVID-19 business closures, limit on gatherings unconstitutional, federal court rules (free to read)
- Evelyn P. Stone, 98
- Hal C. Eighmey Sr., 72
- Robert F. Pond, 93
- Martha Brown White, 90
It's hard to believe that we're already a few weeks into the new school year. Time certainly does fly. With the COVID-19-related changes providing a different learning experience both in-classroom and through remote learning, we're curious to know: How's the new school year going for you or your children?
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!